Rose Bud's Note:
I haven't tried this yet, but it looks really good. It's from the Vegetarian Times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces pasta shells or 8 ounces rotini pasta
- 2 cups fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 medium summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 (12 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, with liquid
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and thinly sliced
- 1 -2 tablespoon red wine vinegar, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, preferably fresh, diced
- salt and black pepper
- 1Bring large pot of water to a boil. When water boils add 1 teaspoons salt and pasta, stirring to prevent sticking. Cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 10-15 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, steam green beans and squash seperately until each is just tender. Rinse under cold running water and drain well.
- 3Drain pasta, rinse under cold running water and drain well. Transfer to large serving bowl. Add green beans, squash, artichokes with liquid, tomatoes, vinegar, oregano, cheese, salt and pepper. Toss to mix and coat. Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sicilian Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.4
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 18.1 mg
- Sodium 634.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 15.1 g