From Kerasma's Fall 2005 edition of Greek Gourmet Traveler. This is a Greek meze (just like a Spanish "tapa".)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the pistachio crust
- 30 g onions, finely chopped
- 25 ml greek extra virgin olive oil
- 200 g greek pistachios, from the island of Aegina
- 25 g plain dried breadcrumbs
- 50 ml limnos muscat wine
- 1/2 bunch fresh tarragon
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into medium cubes
- 2 fresh florina red peppers, diced the same size as the chicken
- 15 short wooden skewers, soaked in water
- 1Sauté the onion in a little olive oil until softened.
- 2Add the Muscat and simmer for one minute.
- 3Add all the remaining ingredients for the crust.
- 4Remove and transfer to a food processor or spice grinder and pulverize to a coarse meal. If the mixture is too loose, add more breadcrumbs.
- 5Thread one chicken and red pepper piece onto each of the long toothpicks and turn in the pistachio mixture, pressing, to coat.
- 6Grill under the salamander or under the broiler for 4-5 minutes, until the chicken is cooked and the crust lightly browned.
- 7Remove and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skewered Pistachio-Crusted Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (816 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 118.6
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 9.1 mg
- Sodium 22.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: