Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
So good! I made for supper the other night and we both loved it. Used regular nonfat yogurt instead of the Greek yogurt/sour cream, but I strained it so that it was good and thick like the Greek kind. Also, I just use cooking spray instead of the olive oil, and Cavender's Greek seasoning is awesome on the chicken, peppers, and onions. Dill is great in the tzaziki sauce, too. Per serving: 361 calories, 7.4 g of fat. From Cooking Light.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 lb chicken breast, thinly sliced (boneless, skinless)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, sliced (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup green bell pepper, thinly sliced (about 1)
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, grated
- 1⁄4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped (I like to add dill weed, too)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 (6 inch) pita bread, whole-wheat, cut in half
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Add chicken to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until done. Remove from pan.
- Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan. Add onion and bell pepper; sauté 3 minutes. Add chicken, garlic, and oregano; cook 30 seconds.
- Combine cucumber and next 6 ingredients (through 1/8 teaspoon salt). Serve chicken mixture with yogurt sauce, warmed pita, and tomato slices.