I took this recipe from a Vegan Tastes of Greece for a recipe called skordalia which seemed like a dip. I wanted this flavour without dip, so I changed it a bit; hence skordy. I listened to Penulum while making Greek treats which was rather funky do try!
- Preheat oven to gas mark 8 (hot hot hot). Cut your potatoes into 1 inch chunks. (I like wedgey bits that are small). Toss in a bowl the potatoes in the oil with the rosemary and lemon juice and lemon zest and garlic.
- Chuck the lot onto a baking tray not forgetting to scrape herbs and oil from the bowl. Bake for twenty minutes while listening to funky tunes and enjoying the yumminess that is to come.
- Check that potatoes are firm yet "give" with a fork; squish them a little bit with a fork and put back in oven for another 10 minutes on gas mark 3.
- Listen to more tunes. Serve with a squirt of fresh lemon and with Greek or curry or vegan stuff or just eat out of pan. I suggest tatskiki (vegan or not).
- You can pulverize this into a dip using more olive oil and lemon juice or eat it chunky. I like chunks.
- I reckon this would make an ace potato salad base. I absolutely hate mayonnaise, so there's no chance of me making that ever! However you're welcome to try--I'll let you.