1/3 Photos of " Skordy" New Potatoes W/Rosemary Lemon & Olive Oi
I took this recipe from a Vegan Tastes of Greece for a recipe called skordalia which seemed like a dip. I wanted this flavour without dip, so I changed it a bit; hence skordy. I listened to Penulum while making Greek treats which was rather funky do try!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to gas mark 8 (hot hot hot). Cut your potatoes into 1 inch chunks. (I like wedgey bits that are small). Toss in a bowl the potatoes in the oil with the rosemary and lemon juice and lemon zest and garlic.
- 2Chuck the lot onto a baking tray not forgetting to scrape herbs and oil from the bowl. Bake for twenty minutes while listening to funky tunes and enjoying the yumminess that is to come.
- 3Check that potatoes are firm yet "give" with a fork; squish them a little bit with a fork and put back in oven for another 10 minutes on gas mark 3.
- 4Listen to more tunes. Serve with a squirt of fresh lemon and with Greek or curry or vegan stuff or just eat out of pan. I suggest tatskiki (vegan or not).
- 5You can pulverize this into a dip using more olive oil and lemon juice or eat it chunky. I like chunks.
- 6I reckon this would make an ace potato salad base. I absolutely hate mayonnaise, so there's no chance of me making that ever! However you're welcome to try--I'll let you.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for " Skordy" New Potatoes W/Rosemary Lemon & Olive Oi
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.6
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of