1/4 Photos of Slow Baked Lamb - Tastes Like Spit Roasted
2 hrs 30 mins
amanda l b's Note:
This was published last weekend in the Sunday Age 'Sunday Life' magazine, recipe by Karen Martini. It was everything the article promised - really tasty, succulent 'Greek-style' lamb. I bought an 800 gram lamb mini-roast, and removed all visible fat. I halved both the 'paste' ingredients and the 'wet' ingredients and only put in a small amount of oil. I also marinated the lamb for about 40 mins before cooking, and cooked for about an hour and a quarter. There was an accompanying recipe for a pearly barley, parsley and toasted almond salad which I also made (and it was also very tasty!) - which I'll post later.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat a fan-forced oven to 170C (or 190C conventional).
- 2Grind salt, garlic, rosemary and peppercorns in a mortar and pestle to a rough paste.
- 3Add olive oil and oregano to the paste and mix well.
- 4Rub marinade into meat and place lamb in a ceramic baking dish.
- 5Add vinegar and water to the dish, cover with foil and bake for 2 hours.
- 6Remove foil, and increase heat to 220C and turn on oven grill. Brown meat for 3-5 minutes until crispy on top.
- 7Remove from the oven and shred meat into large chunks. Arrange on a platter and spoon over pan juices. Serve with lemon.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Baked Lamb - Tastes Like Spit Roasted
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 938.0
- Calories from Fat 711
- Total Fat 79.0 g
- Saturated Fat 29.9 g
- Cholesterol 216.3 mg
- Sodium 961.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 50.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: