Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
If you want to use this recipe, but have it done in a smaller amount of time, just use a regular pot.
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 cups cubed eggplants
- 2 cups cubed zucchini
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen okra, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 ripe tomato
- 1 carrot, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- In a slow cooker combine butternut squash, eggplant, zucchini, okra, tomato sauce, onion, tomato, carrot, broth, raisins, garlic, cumin, turmeric, red pepper, cinnamon and paprika.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, or until vegetables are tender, but still crisp.
This was okay, but there are so many similar recipes that have worked better for me. I served it over brown rice. The sheer volume of the final product makes it unwieldy when you are the only one in the house that is a big veggie eater. I did discover that I like okra because of this recipe.
Very nice, I love mediterranean flavours. Being able to cook it in the slow cookers is a bonus.
I thought this was excellent. I added some potato, green pepper and turnip to it. I served it over rotini pasta and it was great. The leftovers will be served over rice tomorrow. Well worth cooking. But the prep time is far from 5 min when you have to peel, chop and scrape all those veggies!!