1/4 Photos of Slow Roasted Paper Wrapped Leg of Lamb from Olive Magazine April
4 hrs 10 mins
From Easter menu by Maria Ellis to be served with braised butter beans and tomatoes http://www.recipezaar.com/braised-butterbeans-with-tomatoes-from-olive-magazine-april-10-417782 time does not include marinating overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim excess fat from the lamb and put the leg ontio 2 large sheets of baking paper. Make incisions all over the with a small sharp knife and push in the garlic slices.
- 2Mix the 50ml olive oil with lemon juice and drizzle over the lamb and season with sea salt. Rub with remaining herbs and spices.
- 3Cover with another piece of paper and fold the bottom pieces over the top pieces to form a tight parcel. Secure with string. Marinate in the fridge overnight or for at least 1 hour.
- 4Remove from fridge and allow to come to room temperature, preheat oven to gas mark 3.
- 5Place lamb in roasting tin with end of the leg slightly elevated to stop any juices escaping, bake for 3 hours.
- 6Remove from over and rest for 30 minutes before carving serving with cooking juices.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Roasted Paper Wrapped Leg of Lamb from Olive Magazine April
Serving Size: 1 (444 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 912.6
- Calories from Fat 571
- Total Fat 63.5 g
- Saturated Fat 25.1 g
- Cholesterol 279.1 mg
- Sodium 238.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 77.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: