Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 20 mins
Slow-roasted Capsicum stuffed with marinated mushrooms and feta cheese. Posted for the 2005 Zaar World Tour, this recipe has been adapted from a recipe in the October 2005 issue of the cooking magazine 'Australian Good Taste'.
- 1 large red capsicum
- 1 large green capsicum
- 100 g sun-dried tomatoes
- 150 g marinated mushrooms
- 100 g marinated feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- crusty bread, to serve
- mixed salad green, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC, cut the capsicums in half lengthways, scoop out the seeds and place the capsicum halves, cut-side up in a roasting pan.
- Combine the semi-dried tomatoes, mushrooms, feta, pine nuts, oregano, rosemary, lemon juice, garlic and half the oil in a bowl; spoon among the capsicum halves and drizzle with the remaining oil; cover with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour or until tender; uncover and bake for a further 20 minutes or until brown.
- Place the capsicum halves on 4 individual serving plates and serve with warm crusty bread and salad.
Fantastic... what else can I say. Left out the pine nuts because I cant get them in Hungary! But this was still superb... Full of flavour.