Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook3 hrs 15 mins
From the Summer 2006 edition of Kerasma's Greek Gourmet Traveler magazine. These looked YUMMY!!! Cook time includes chill time.
- Place the peppers on the rack of a stovetop smoker and smoke for 15 minutes. (You can do this at home by placing small wood chips in a heavy pot, place a plate holding the peppers on top, and covering the pot well.).
- Smoke over low flame.
- Soak the raisins in the ouzo while the peppers are smoking.
- Whip together the manouri cheese and cream until smooth.
- Add the drained raisins, salt, and pepper, and fold into the meringue.
- Place in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Fill the smoked, cooled peppers with the cream and serve.