Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is part of the "Go Greek" spread in Redbook Magazine. It's for a crowd, but can easily be scaled down, if need be.
- 6 ounces ripe yellow tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 red chili, seeded and minced
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 1 lb yellow wax bean, trimmed
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn (2 large ears, kernels removed)
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, snipped
- In a blender, puree tomato, olive oil, salt and pepper until emulsified; transfer to a bowl, then stir in shallots and minced chili.
- Cook green and yellow beans in salted water until crisp tender, about 4 minutes; stir in corn and cook an additional minute.
- Drain vegetables, rinse under cold water to stop cooking, then pat dry with paper towels.
- Add to a large serving bowl, toss with dressing and dill.
really fresh tastes good ,did scale back used canned beans ,frozen corn ,cut iin half worked fine