This soup is a nice starter to a Greek meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 6 cups vegetable stock or 6 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- watercress leaf
- nutmeg (to garnish)
- 1Melt butter in large saucepan, add onions and cook on medium heat until onion is wilted; blend in flour.
- 2Stir in vegetable stock. Cook, stirring until smooth and boiling.
- 3In a processor or nut chopper, finely chop almonds to resemble a paste.
- 4Add to soup along with seasonings, stirring with a fork to break up the almond paste.
- 5Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 6Combine cream, egg yolks and lemon rind. Pour slowly into the hot mixture, stirring constantly.
- 7Heat but do not bring to a boil.
- 8Serve garnished with sprigs of watercress and a sprinkle of nutmeg.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soupa De Almendras (Almond Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.2
- Calories from Fat 300
- Total Fat 33.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 109.3 mg
- Sodium 437.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: