Soupa Nisiotiki (Island Soup)
- In a large saucepan, saute onion, carrot, celery, and garlic in olive oil.
- Add the drained tomatoes, parsley, bay leaves, salt& pepper to saucepan.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Combine tomato and clam liquids, and add enough boiling water to make 3 cups, and set aside.
- In a deep casserole, arrange layers of haddock, clams, shrimp, crabmeat, scallops covering each layer with some of the vegetable mixture and the white wine.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add reserved tomato/clam liquid and simmer uncovered 20 minutes.
- Serve from the casserole.