Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 2 lbs haddock fillets, cut in 2" pieces
- 24 clams (with liquid)
- 1 lb fresh shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1 lb scallops
- 1⁄2 cup light olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large onion, diced fine
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced fine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cups whole canned tomatoes, drain and reserve liquid
- 1 cup dry white wine
- In a large saucepan, saute onion, carrot, celery, and garlic in olive oil.
- Add the drained tomatoes, parsley, bay leaves, salt& pepper to saucepan.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Combine tomato and clam liquids, and add enough boiling water to make 3 cups, and set aside.
- In a deep casserole, arrange layers of haddock, clams, shrimp, crabmeat, scallops covering each layer with some of the vegetable mixture and the white wine.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add reserved tomato/clam liquid and simmer uncovered 20 minutes.
- Serve from the casserole.