Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Food & Wine, 06/07. Very good, comfort food for me. Perhaps, too much to my liking!
Make and share this Spaghetti With Browned Butter and Crispy Bread Crumbs recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup grated mizithra cheese or 1 cup ricotta salata
- 2 tablespoons grated mizithra cheese or 2 tablespoons ricotta salata
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the spaghetti until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat the olive oil.
- Add the bread crumbs and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until browned, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the toasted bread crumbs from the heat and add the lemon zest.
- Season with salt, pepper, & crushed red pepper flakes and let cool.
- Stir in the parsley.
- In a small, heavy saucepan, melt the butter over moderate heat.
- Cook until foamy and dark brown, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Add the browned butter and the cheeses, season with salt and pepper and toss.
- Transfer to a platter, sprinkle with the bread crumbs and serve with the remaining dressing on the side.
- *Myzithra is a Greek sheep's-milk cheese that is similar in texture to a dry ricotta cheese.