Food & Wine, 06/07. Very good, comfort food for me. Perhaps, too much to my liking!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup grated mizithra cheese or 1 cup ricotta salata
- 2 tablespoons grated mizithra cheese or 2 tablespoons ricotta salata
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the spaghetti until al dente.
- 2Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat the olive oil.
- 3Add the bread crumbs and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until browned, about 2 minutes.
- 4Remove the toasted bread crumbs from the heat and add the lemon zest.
- 5Season with salt, pepper, & crushed red pepper flakes and let cool.
- 6Stir in the parsley.
- 7In a small, heavy saucepan, melt the butter over moderate heat.
- 8Cook until foamy and dark brown, about 5 minutes.
- 9Remove from the heat.
- 10Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- 11Add the browned butter and the cheeses, season with salt and pepper and toss.
- 12Transfer to a platter, sprinkle with the bread crumbs and serve with the remaining dressing on the side.
- 13*Myzithra is a Greek sheep's-milk cheese that is similar in texture to a dry ricotta cheese.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti With Browned Butter and Crispy Bread Crumbs
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 749.5
- Calories from Fat 293
- Total Fat 32.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 333.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 23.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: