A very simple, very quick, pasta recipe that will feed you well when you haven't got oodles of time to spend in the kitchen. A salad of purchased baby greens, crusty bread, a glass of red wine and you'll be happy, I promise.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (Mediterranean is best)
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (1 lb) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1 lb) can tomato, diced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 lb spaghetti, cooked al dente
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- fresh ground pepper
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add oregano, mushrooms, green onions and garlic; saute 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, sugar, olives and pepper to taste.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Add parsley and red wine vinegar.
- Cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Place sauce on pasta.
- Top with cheese and serve.
This was so delicious! I just happened to have the right amount of leftovers on hand to make a serving for one, and it was such a treat. It is quick to throw together and has such wonderful bright flavors. I added some cooked lentils to increase the protein and it was a great fit. I imagine, too, that you could sub your favorite veggies in for the mushrooms; for me I would like to try zucchini next time. Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT 9, Gourmet Goddesses.
This is a great "family dinner" meal that is easy to prepare and very good. I will make this often, as we all love feta cheese and anything with pasta. Thank for sharing the recipe.
Very good sauce, rich and flavourful, enjoyed the feta and olives, a little different from your every day tomato sauce! Thank you Evelyn, this meal was made and enjoyed for ZWT9, Family Picks, Hot Pink Panthers