My interpretation of a traditional Greek dish. Enjoy!
Make and share this Spanakopita recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Drain spinach of all liquid.
- Sauteé onions and garlic in 1/4 cup butter until tender, then add spinach, salt and pepper to taste.
- Sauteé 1-2 more minutes.
- in a large bowl, combine spinach mixture, eggs, dill, lemon juice and crumbled feta.
- Butter a 7" springform pan.
- Place phyllo between a damp (but not wet) tea towel so it doesn't dry out.
- Layer 6 sheets of phyllo in the pan, brushing each with melted butter.
- Fill with spinach mixture and fold edges over.
- Layer 6 more sheets of phyllo, brushing each with melted butter.
- Use a scissors to round the edges and cut 6 or 8 triangles in the top.
- Bake 45 minutes or until golden -- allow to stand 10 minutes before removing the springform.
- This can also be made into individual packets instead of a pie shape.