1/4 Photos of Spanakopita
1 hr 15 mins
My interpretation of a traditional Greek dish. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 375°.
- 2Drain spinach of all liquid.
- 3Sauteé onions and garlic in 1/4 cup butter until tender, then add spinach, salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Sauteé 1-2 more minutes.
- 5in a large bowl, combine spinach mixture, eggs, dill, lemon juice and crumbled feta.
- 6Butter a 7" springform pan.
- 7Place phyllo between a damp (but not wet) tea towel so it doesn't dry out.
- 8Layer 6 sheets of phyllo in the pan, brushing each with melted butter.
- 9Fill with spinach mixture and fold edges over.
- 10Layer 6 more sheets of phyllo, brushing each with melted butter.
- 11Use a scissors to round the edges and cut 6 or 8 triangles in the top.
- 12Bake 45 minutes or until golden -- allow to stand 10 minutes before removing the springform.
- 13This can also be made into individual packets instead of a pie shape.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanakopita
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.5
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 132.3 mg
- Sodium 792.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 13.8 g