This is a great recipe! It doubles an appetizer or as a side dish. I never know how many, exactly, come out of this recipe. Serves 6-8 as an appy, 4-6 as a side dish.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, nice if you can grate fresh
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 0.333 (16 1/16 ounce) package phyllo dough
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- parmesan cheese, for dusting
- Heat 2 T olive oil in a saucepan and cook the onion until just translucent.
- Remove from heat, stir in the spinach, egg, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Take 2 sheets of phyllo and place on a large cutting board, one on top of the other.
- Cut lengthwise into 4 equal strips.
- Place 1 T of filling at the end of each strip.
- Fold like you would a flag into triangular shapes.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Repeat until filling is gone.
- Brush tops with olive oil, and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
- You want the tops golden brown.
- Serve with Bleu Cheese Dressing for dunking.