1/5 Photos of Spanakopita
This is a great recipe! It doubles an appetizer or as a side dish. I never know how many, exactly, come out of this recipe. Serves 6-8 as an appy, 4-6 as a side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, nice if you can grate fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 0.333 (16 1/16 ounce) package phyllo dough
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- parmesan cheese, for dusting
- 1Heat 2 T olive oil in a saucepan and cook the onion until just translucent.
- 2Remove from heat, stir in the spinach, egg, cheese, salt and pepper.
- 3Mix well.
- 4Take 2 sheets of phyllo and place on a large cutting board, one on top of the other.
- 5Cut lengthwise into 4 equal strips.
- 6Place 1 T of filling at the end of each strip.
- 7Fold like you would a flag into triangular shapes.
- 8Place on cookie sheet.
- 9Repeat until filling is gone.
- 10Brush tops with olive oil, and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- 11Bake in a 425 degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
- 12You want the tops golden brown.
- 13Serve with Bleu Cheese Dressing for dunking.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanakopita
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.4
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 40.1 mg
- Sodium 447.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 6.9 g