A quick and delicious Greek dish that's perfect for parties cuz they're so pretty!
Make and share this Spanakopita in Pastry Cups recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (10 ounce) box puff pastry shells
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 1⁄2 cups low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked turkey or 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Bake the pastry shells according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, place the spinach in a microwave-safe bowl and microcook 15 minutes, covered on HIGH, until defrosted and hot.
- Melt the margarine in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion to skillet and cook until soft, about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When onion is soft, reduce heat to medium. Sprinkle flour over onion and cook for 1 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the milk, a little at a time, stirring constantly. Cook stirring frequently, until the sauce thickens, 3-5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add feat, dill, lemon uice, pepper and salt.
- Stir to melt cheese, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Drain spinach well and add to skillet along with turkey. Return to heat and stir well to mix and heat thru.
- Remove tops from puff pastry shells. Remove the uncooked portions from inside of shells and discard.
- Fill each shell with 3/4 cup spinach mixture. Replace the tops and serve.