1/1 Photo of Spanakopita in Pastry Cups
A quick and delicious Greek dish that's perfect for parties cuz they're so pretty!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) box puff pastry shells
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 1/2 cups low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey or 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken
- 1Preheat oven to 400º.
- 2Bake the pastry shells according to package directions.
- 3Meanwhile, place the spinach in a microwave-safe bowl and microcook 15 minutes, covered on HIGH, until defrosted and hot.
- 4Melt the margarine in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 5Add onion to skillet and cook until soft, about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6When onion is soft, reduce heat to medium. Sprinkle flour over onion and cook for 1 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 7Add the milk, a little at a time, stirring constantly. Cook stirring frequently, until the sauce thickens, 3-5 minutes.
- 8Reduce the heat to low. Add feat, dill, lemon uice, pepper and salt.
- 9Stir to melt cheese, about 1 minute.
- 10Remove from heat.
- 11Drain spinach well and add to skillet along with turkey. Return to heat and stir well to mix and heat thru.
- 12Remove tops from puff pastry shells. Remove the uncooked portions from inside of shells and discard.
- 13Fill each shell with 3/4 cup spinach mixture. Replace the tops and serve.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanakopita in Pastry Cups
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 569.1
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 35.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 67.3 mg
- Sodium 771.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 27.1 g