1 hr 30 mins
Portabella mushrooms give this traditional Greek dish a special touch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1When working with phyllo pastry it is important to keep it covered with a damp towel, so that it doesn't dry out.
- 2That being said, we can begin.
- 3Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- 4Line a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
- 5Prepare filling:.
- 6Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a large sauté pan.
- 7Sauté garlic, onion and mushrooms over medium heat until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- 8Add spinach and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Sauté spinach mixture for 2-3 minutes, and then add dill and stir to combine.
- 10Transfer spinach mixture to a mixing bowl, and add lemon juice, feta and eggs.
- 11Mix well.
- 12Make spanakopita roll:.
- 13Lay one sheet of phyllo pastry on parchment paper lined cookie sheet, and brush with butter.
- 14Repeat with each remaining sheet.
- 15Place filling in a log shape near one edge of the pastry, and fold sides over (like what you would do for egg rolls or burritos).
- 16Roll up the spanakopita roll, making sure the seam is at the bottom.
- 17Bake spanakopita roll 45 minutes to an hour, or until golden.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanakopita Roll
Serving Size: 1 (906 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1159.4
- Calories from Fat 657
- Total Fat 73.0 g
- Saturated Fat 43.1 g
- Cholesterol 404.3 mg
- Sodium 2385.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.8 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 49.5 g