Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Portabella mushrooms give this traditional Greek dish a special touch.
Make and share this Spanakopita Roll recipe from Food.com.
- When working with phyllo pastry it is important to keep it covered with a damp towel, so that it doesn't dry out.
- That being said, we can begin.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Line a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare filling:.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a large sauté pan.
- Sauté garlic, onion and mushrooms over medium heat until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add spinach and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sauté spinach mixture for 2-3 minutes, and then add dill and stir to combine.
- Transfer spinach mixture to a mixing bowl, and add lemon juice, feta and eggs.
- Mix well.
- Make spanakopita roll:.
- Lay one sheet of phyllo pastry on parchment paper lined cookie sheet, and brush with butter.
- Repeat with each remaining sheet.
- Place filling in a log shape near one edge of the pastry, and fold sides over (like what you would do for egg rolls or burritos).
- Roll up the spanakopita roll, making sure the seam is at the bottom.
- Bake spanakopita roll 45 minutes to an hour, or until golden.