Prep 15 mins
Cook 21 mins
From 750 Best Muffin Recipes
Make and share this Spanakopita (Spinach Pie) Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease 12 cup muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, dill, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, oil, and pesto until well blended. Stir in spinach until blended.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended. Gently fold in cheese.
- Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 21 to 25 minutes or until tops are golden. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool.
Yummy and different, with a texture that's a bit more like a tender biscuit than a muffin. These caught my eye because I love spinach, feta and pesto. The batter was really thick, and I ended up with 12 big, rounded muffins (they rise well, but don't spread much, so you can really load up the muffin cups to the top). These were delicious right out of the oven, but I liked how the dill became more pronounced once they were cooled off. I think these would be great split, grilled and buttered. I bet these would be a great side with a chicken dinner too, or maybe with a ham and cheese omelette. I'd be interested to try making these again with some form of tomato added in. I brought these to share at work, and they were well received by my taste-testers. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Fall 2011