Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Risotto with a Greek twist. Wonderful served with grilled salmon or trout.
Make and share this Spanakorizo recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 leek, sliced (white and light green part only)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 bunch swiss chard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan.
- Add the leek and garlic and cook, stirring, until the leek is soft.
- Add the rice and stir until the rice is coated in oil.
- Add the vegetable stock and simmer, covered with a tight-fitting lid, over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, remove the Swiss chard leaves from their stalks; discard the stalks.
- Slice the leaves thinly and wash well.
- Place the Swiss chard in a separate pan and simmer, covered, until limp, about 5 minutes.
- Stir the Swiss chard, lemon juice and parsley into the rice.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
A really light tasty side dish, easy to prepare and great for my Greek styled dinner party. Leeks were really expensive so I chopped up some green onions instead, and I used vegan chicken style stock as I'd run out of vegetable. Love the parsley at the end. It was a side to moussaka and happily devoured! I liked not having to stir all the time, essential when preparing other dishes! Thanks!