1/1 Photo of Spanakorizo
Risotto with a Greek twist. Wonderful served with grilled salmon or trout.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the olive oil in a large pan.
- 2Add the leek and garlic and cook, stirring, until the leek is soft.
- 3Add the rice and stir until the rice is coated in oil.
- 4Add the vegetable stock and simmer, covered with a tight-fitting lid, over low heat for 15 minutes.
- 5Remove the pan from the heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- 6While the rice is cooking, remove the Swiss chard leaves from their stalks; discard the stalks.
- 7Slice the leaves thinly and wash well.
- 8Place the Swiss chard in a separate pan and simmer, covered, until limp, about 5 minutes.
- 10Stir the Swiss chard, lemon juice and parsley into the rice.
- 11Add salt and pepper to taste.
Nutritional Facts for Spanakorizo
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.1
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 212.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: