Risotto with a Greek twist. Wonderful served with grilled salmon or trout.
Make and share this Spanakorizo recipe from Food.com.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan.
- Add the leek and garlic and cook, stirring, until the leek is soft.
- Add the rice and stir until the rice is coated in oil.
- Add the vegetable stock and simmer, covered with a tight-fitting lid, over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, remove the Swiss chard leaves from their stalks; discard the stalks.
- Slice the leaves thinly and wash well.
- Place the Swiss chard in a separate pan and simmer, covered, until limp, about 5 minutes.
- Stir the Swiss chard, lemon juice and parsley into the rice.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.