Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My new favorite, go to meal. It's quick and good for you. I sometimes just make couscous and then make a salad with tomatoes, cucumber, olives and feta to go with. Serve w/ a side of hummus and perhaps pita bread.
- 1 (10 ounce) box couscous (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 scallions, sliced
- 4 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1 seedless cucumber, cut into half-moons
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 (8 ounce) container hummus
- Place the couscous in a large bowl and pour 1½ cups hot tap water over the top. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes; fluff with a fork.
- Form the beef into 12 small ½-inch-thick patties. Sprinkle with the cumin, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the patties and cook to the desired doneness, 4 minutes per side for medium.
- Toss the couscous with the scallions, tomatoes, cucumber, lemon juice, remaining oil, 1¼ teaspoons salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Serve with the burgers and hummus, if using.
We love this too! Always a great go to easy, fast meal. I usually have all the ingredients on hand.