My new favorite, go to meal. It's quick and good for you. I sometimes just make couscous and then make a salad with tomatoes, cucumber, olives and feta to go with. Serve w/ a side of hummus and perhaps pita bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) box couscous (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 scallions, sliced
- 4 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1 seedless cucumber, cut into half-moons
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 (8 ounce) container hummus
- 1Place the couscous in a large bowl and pour 1½ cups hot tap water over the top. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes; fluff with a fork.
- 2Form the beef into 12 small ½-inch-thick patties. Sprinkle with the cumin, oregano, salt and pepper.
- 3Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the patties and cook to the desired doneness, 4 minutes per side for medium.
- 4Toss the couscous with the scallions, tomatoes, cucumber, lemon juice, remaining oil, 1¼ teaspoons salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- 5Serve with the burgers and hummus, if using.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Mini Burgers With Couscous Salad
Serving Size: 1 (431 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 762.6
- Calories from Fat 332
- Total Fat 36.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 306.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 36.3 g