1/2 Photos of Spicy Lamb Shish Kebabs With Greek Pita Bread
1 hr 36 mins
1 hr 30 mins
POSTED FOR RAMADAN TAG. Recipe by Grace Parisi on http://www.foodandwine.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 tablespoon hot paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lbs trimmed lean leg of lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 lb small zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- greek pita bread, warmed for serving
- 1In a large bowl, whisk the yogurt with the paprika, cumin, allspice, garlic and the 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with 1 1/2 teaspoons of kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- 2Add the lamb and stir until evenly coated.
- 3Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour or refrigerate for up to 3 hours.
- 4Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Thread the lamb and zucchini onto 12 long metal skewers and brush with oil.
- 5Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- 6Grill the kebabs over moderately high heat, turning, until the lamb is browned outside and medium-rare inside, 6 minutes.
- 7Serve the lamb kebabs with Warm Greek pita bread.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Lamb Shish Kebabs With Greek Pita Bread
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.3
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 101.3 mg
- Sodium 93.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 29.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: