Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delicious spicy meal that will please almost anyone.
Make and share this Spicy Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 10 ounces cooked fettuccine
- 1 cup spicy cajun pasta sauce (see following recipe)
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 boneless chicken breast (cooked and sliced in strips)
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
Spicy Pasta Sauce
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1⁄2 cup onion (cut in large chunks)
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper (diced in large pieces)
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper (diced in large pieces)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup v 8 vegetable juice
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mix with cold water to form a slurry
- salt and pepper
- Spicy Pasta Sauce: Heat oil in sauté pan.
- Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add onions, sauté one minute, then add peppers and continue to sauté another minute.
- Deglaze with chicken stock, reducing by half.
- Add V-8 juice and cayenne pepper.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Thicken with cornstarch to desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spicy Pasta: Place pasta and sauce in pan and heat until hot.
- Arrange in serving dish and top with chicken breast.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
Need to add more cayenne pepper (about 3X) and less chicken broth to make the sauce more thick. Otherwise, it was a great spicy pasta.
I didn't find this dish spicy at all. In fact, I found it lacking in flavour. It is a very good basic recipe, though, and I would make it again, adding much more cayenne and other spices as well.