Shannon Cooks's Note:
Balsamic vinegar may be substituted with fresh lemon juice. This is probably the BEST soup I have ever made. It is sooooooooo good, you HAVE to try this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs firm ripe tomatoes
- 2 lbs red bell peppers
- 6 -8 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 head garlic
- 2 -4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (optional)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- basil, chiffonade (to garnish)
- finely chopped scallion (to garnish)
- 1Wash and dry tomato and peppers. Cut in half lengthwise and core.
- 2Meanwhile wrap the garlic in foil and roast in 400 degree oven for 10 minutes or until soft .
- 3Toss the tomato and pepper with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper and grill on high heat 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- 4Remove garlic from oven and squeeze roasted garlic out of each individual clove.
- 5Place roasted vegetables and garlic in a food processor and pulse until thick paste consistency.
- 6Place the mixture in a large pot and dilute with chicken broth over medium heat.
- 7Reduce a bit until desired consistency. Add olive oil and adjust flavor with salt and pepper if necessary.
- 8Combine yogurt, lemon zest and hot sauce in a small mixing bowl.
- 9Divide soup into four separate soup bowls. Add a dollop of yogurt in the center of the soup and garnish basil and chopped scallion.
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Red Pepper Tomato Soup With Greek Yogurt
Serving Size: 1 (639 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.0
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 415.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 18.1 g
- Protein 7.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: