Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Easy to put together, I use sliced up cucumbers and pita breads for dipping. Also very good as a topping on burgers.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry as much as possible.
- 4 ounces feta cheese, finely crumbled
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sliced pitted kalamata olives or 1⁄4 cup olive, of your choice
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley or 1 tablespoon coriander (optional)
- Mix everything together very well.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and refrigerate for 1 or 2 hours.
Great with crackers and carrots! Thanks for posting Annelies! I hope you are doing well and get better soon! Made for your cookathon.
This was a great dip! I also added too much cheese, but I was using up some leftovers in the fridge. It was a pure sheep's milk feta, which can be a little salty. Between that and the olives I used, it was a little on the salty side, hubby pointed out, but that didn't stop him from eating half the bowl himself! Thanks for the great dip Pets!
I used fresh spinach which I cooked till done and then squeezed out all the liquid. The dip was rich and delicious. I added a bit of lemon juice for some zing. Pets'r'us thanks a lot!