This recipe came from my mother, but reminds me of Spanakopita, a dish I ate in Greece. It can be frozen for up to 1 month.
- Combine the spinach, feta, egg, and ricotta in a bowl.
- Melt the butter in a pan, add onion, and saute until soft.
- Stir into mix, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Make into 2 pies- i.e. place one sheet of pastry on the bottom of a pie pan, put the filling in, and cover it with another sheet of pastry, pushing down the edges with a little water.
- Brush the 2 pies with milk.
- Bake at 200 degrees celcius for 25 to 30 minutes.