Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This dish is brimming with lots of spinach, onion and feta. Serve it up with steamed rice for a complete meal. Or try it over a bed of mixed greens. Found this through WW, only 5 pts per serving.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat 1 teaspoon oil; sauté onion until golden, 5 minutes.
- Wilt spinach (steam spinach or heat damp spinach over medium heat in nonstick pan); stir in zest, feta, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Set aside.
- Divide spinach mixture between chicken breasts.
- Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken, turning occasionally, until golden brown and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Remove toothpicks.
We enjoyed this recipe. I did butterfly and pound thin my chicken breasts as they were monsters and added a bit of fresh dill to the spinach filling and used fat free feta. After browning stovetop I did finish the cooking in the oven. Wonderful! Thank you Amber Dawn for sharing the recipe.
This was delicious! I just wish I could have eaten more of it! The only thing I did differently (because I found the inside of the chicken was not cooking and I did use very thin chicken breast) - after it browned on the outside, I turned down the temp and put the lid on it. I thought it might be weird having warm feta, but omg it was so good and the kids were happy because they couldnt taste the spinach, yet it was good for them.
Another great Greek recipe for my collection! Amber Dawn, this was so tasty, and rated five stars around the table! Instead of frying, I did roll my chicken breasts in crumbs and baked them. Thanks so much for sharing this!