This is a CookingLight recipe. An easy dish that wraps refrigerated pizza crust dough around a savory filling and then baked to a golden brown. The filling is similar to that of the Greek classic spanakopita. I have reduced the amount of raisins as realbirdlady suggested.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (6 ounce) packages Baby Spinach, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- 1 (13 7/8 ounce) can pizza dough, that is in the refrigerator case
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon 2% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated fresh
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic; sauté 1 minute.
- Add half of spinach; cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts.
- Add remaining spinach; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until spinach wilts.
- Remove from heat; stir in feta and next 6 ingredients (through pepper).
- Place dough on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; pat dough into a 15 x 12-inch rectangle.
- Spread spinach mixture lengthwise over half of dough, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Fold other half of dough over filling; press edges together with a fork.
- Cut 5 (1-inch) diagonal slits in top of dough.
- Combine milk and water; brush evenly over dough.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until golden.