1/2 Photos of Spinach and Feta-Stuffed Focaccia
This is a CookingLight recipe. An easy dish that wraps refrigerated pizza crust dough around a savory filling and then baked to a golden brown. The filling is similar to that of the Greek classic spanakopita. I have reduced the amount of raisins as realbirdlady suggested.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (6 ounce) packages Baby Spinach, chopped
- 3/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup golden raisin
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- 1 (13 7/8 ounce) can pizza dough, that is in the refrigerator case
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon 2% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated fresh
- 1Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Add onion and garlic; sauté 1 minute.
- 4Add half of spinach; cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts.
- 5Add remaining spinach; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until spinach wilts.
- 6Remove from heat; stir in feta and next 6 ingredients (through pepper).
- 7Place dough on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; pat dough into a 15 x 12-inch rectangle.
- 8Spread spinach mixture lengthwise over half of dough, leaving a 1-inch border.
- 9Fold other half of dough over filling; press edges together with a fork.
- 10Cut 5 (1-inch) diagonal slits in top of dough.
- 11Combine milk and water; brush evenly over dough.
- 12Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- 13Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until golden.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Feta-Stuffed Focaccia
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.1
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 20.5 mg
- Sodium 417.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: