Prep 1 hr 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a beauiful recipe for greek food lovers.
Make and share this Spinach and Ricotta Gnocchi recipe from Food.com.
- 4 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 lb frozen spinach
- 9 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- grated parmesan cheese, for serving
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons basil, chopped
- 1 ripe tomatoes, diced
- Soak bread in milk for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze out any excess milk from bread.
- Squeeze out any excess liquid from spinach.
- Combine bread, spinachricotta eggs and parmesan well.
- chill ,covered, for 1 hour.Fold in flour.
- With floured hands, roll heaped teaspoonsof mixture into dumplings.
- Lower batches of the gnocchi into large saucepan salted boiling water.
- Cook 2 minutes or until gnocchi rises to the surface.
- Transfer to a serving plate and keep warm.
- To make sauce, combine butter,garlic,basil and tomato in saucepan and cook over medium heat 3 minutes or until nutty brown in color.
- drizzle over gnocchi and sprinkle with shaved parmesan.