1/7 Photos of Spinach and Ricotta Tart
1 hr 15 mins
Rich and scrumptious, this is a great brunch dish as well as any other meal! Fairly simple to make. I prefer chopped FRESH spinach but I am posting this recipe as it was given to me. Also, I add feta or Montrachet cheese sometimes if I have it on hand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prick pie shell (9" pie pan) and prebake in hot oven for 5-8 minutes until lightly browned. Turn oven down to 350 degrees when pie crust is done.
- 2Cook spinach until thawed and warm. Drain very well, squeezing excess moisture out with hands. (Do not precook spinach if using fresh).
- 3Saute onion in butter and stir in spinach, salt, nutmeg and black pepper.
- 4In separate bowl, combine Ricotta cheese, cream Parmesan cheese and eggs and blend well.
- 5Add spinach mixture and stir well.
- 6Pour into prebaked pie shell and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until custard is set.
- 7Garnish with finely chopped parsley and sliced cherry tomatoes if desired.
- 8May be served hot or room temperature.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Ricotta Tart
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 516.4
- Calories from Fat 347
- Total Fat 38.6 g
- Saturated Fat 19.5 g
- Cholesterol 192.3 mg
- Sodium 701.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 21.4 g