I altered a recipe found in a woman's magazine and came up with this. It's light and good with a crisp salad and a side of corn.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 (16 ounce) packages of chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 12 ounces feta cheese (I use fat-free)
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- pie crusts or 8 sheets phyllo dough or 1 package pastry dough
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Grease 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Melt butter in large skillet over high heat.
- 5Add onion.
- 6Reduce heat to medium and cook until almost tender.
- 7Add turkey and cook until no longer pink.
- 8Add spinach, salt, pepper, nutmeg, pepper flakes and olives.
- 9Cook 5 minutes.
- 10Transfer to large bowl.
- 11Stir in cheese, eggs, and oregano.
- 12Place 1/2 dough in baking pan.
- 13Spread spinach mixture on top.
- 14Top with the other 1/2 dough.
- 15Bake in 375 degree oven until browned.
- 16About 35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Turkey Pie
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.7
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 198.3 mg
- Sodium 1211.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 23.0 g