1/2 Photos of Spinach & Chicken Pie
1 hr 30 mins
This is a protein-rich all-in-one-meal. Recipe is from Family Circle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 1/4 lbs ground chicken
- 3 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 8 sheets phyllo dough, thawed and halved crosswise (13x9 inches)
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Coat 13x9x2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3Melt butter in large skillet over high heat.
- 4Add onion and reduce heat to medium; cook 5 minutes.
- 5Add chicken and cook 8 minutes, until no longer pink.
- 6Add spinach, salt, pepper, nutmeg and red pepper flakes.
- 7Cook 5 minutes.
- 8Transfer to a large bowl.
- 9Stir in cheese, eggs and oregano.
- 10Place a half sheet phyllo in bottom of pan.
- 11Coat with cooking spray.
- 12Repeat with 7 more half sheets, coating each sheet with cooking spray.
- 13Spread spinach mixture over top.
- 14Repeat with remaining 8 half sheets.
- 15Cut top layer in 8 equal pieces.
- 16Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes, until top is browned.
- 17Recut to serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach & Chicken Pie
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 388.0
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 227.7 mg
- Sodium 1054.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 40.2 g