Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This dish is so easy, but looks & tastes like you went to alot of trouble. I won't tell anyone if you won't! Actually, you can throw anything in this recipe that you would put in an omelette. Great for lunch or Sunday brunch!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat olive oil to medium-high& add onion- saute until opaque, then add mushrooms (if using) and then spinach& saute just until spinach is wilted.
- Grease 9" square casserole dish with some olive oil (or spray with cooking spray) Beat eggs& add salt& pepper to taste.
- Add crumbled feta and spinach mixture to eggs.
- Pour into casserole dish& top with mozzarella.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approx.
- 30 minutes.
- Cool about 5 minutes, then cut into 4 servings.
- Serve with fruit and some plain yogurt on the side (mix in some dried dill or parsley for color).
Was very good (used the mushrooms) but my only criticism is that it was a lot of spinach which I think overpowered the other tastes. 12 oz is more than one might think. I'm going to try it again some day and increase the eggs used to diffuse the large amounts of spinach.