1 hr 10 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Bechamel
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 lb lasagna noodle
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed,steamed,drained and squeezed dry
- 2 large red onions, peeled and finely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup of chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup of chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 lb feta, crumbled
- 1 1/4 lbs of greek anthotiro or 1 1/4 lbs ricotta cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup of grated kefalotiri or 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 5 -7 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Make the bechamel: Heat the butter in a medium saucepan over low heat, and as soon as it begins to sizzle, add the flour and stir for 5 minutes.
- 2Slowly add the milk, whisking all the while, until smooth and thick, about 5-7 minutes.
- 3Cover the bechamel with a kitchen towel and set aside until ready to use.
- 4Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil and cook lasagna noodles until firm, about 10 minutes.
- 5Remove, drain, and place in a large bowl of cold water until ready to use.
- 6Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a medium skillet.
- 7Add the onion and celery cover the skillet, and cook over low heat until soft, about 10 minutes.
- 8Combine the spinach, onions and celery, dill, feta and anthotiro in a large bowl.
- 9Mix in the eggs, season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg, and toss with 2 to 4 more tablespoons of olive oil.
- 10Preheat oven to 350d.
- 11Lightly oil a large shallow baking dish (approximately 10 x 14 inches).
- 12Spread 2-3 tablespoons of bechamel on the bottom.
- 13Remove the lasagna noodles from the water one at a time and blot dry with a paper towel.
- 14Arrange one-third of the noodles in a single layer over the bechamel.
- 15Spread half the filling over the lasagna.
- 16Repeat with remaining lasagna and filling, ending up with a final layer of noodles.
- 17Spread the bechamel evenly over the noodles, and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- 18Bake for 45-50 minutes, until top is golden brown.
- 19Remove, cool slightly and serve.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach-feta Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 658.1
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 125.7 mg
- Sodium 575.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 24.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: