1/1 Photo of Spinach Feta Pizza II
For this, I decided to scale down one of my dough recipes (and put it in here) to make one thin crust 10" pizza, using my crisp-perfection method, and the same spinach filling used in Mini Spinach-Feta Calzone Pockets (No Phyllo!). I like Enrico's Natural Pizza Sauce the best, feel free to use whatever sauce you like. This uses more vegetables and less cheese than most pizza recipes and gives a nice Mediterranean flair. Could pair nicely with some shrimp or chicken for a one-dish meal. 3/4 cup AP flour + 2 1/4 tsp vital wheat gluten = 3/4 cup bread flour
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup bread flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
SPINACH FETA TOPPING
- 1Proof the yeast with the honey and warm water in a bowl. Let it sit 10-15 minutes, or until foamy.
- 2Add the olive oil and salt.
- 3Add the flours and knead by hand until elasticy, about 5 minutes.
- 4Cover loosely with a dish towel and let rise for 20 minutes.
- 5Grease a 10" pie pan with cooking spray or a little olive oil and lightly dust with flour.
- 6Stretch the dough to fit the pan and make sure it plunks down in there well, and that it's puffier at the edges than the middle. Poke holes in the dough with a fork, then let it bake at 400F for 5-8 minutes.
- 7While it bakes, make the spinach feta topping by running the spinach through a food chopper/processor until it has about the same consistency as tabouleh, then put into a mixing bowl.
- 8Finely grate the feta cheese with a grater or food chopper then mix with the spinach.
- 9Add all the other ingredients on the list for the topping to the bowl and mix thoroughly.
- 10After the crust has prebaked, add the sauce of your choice. Then spread the spinach feta topping on evenly. Feel free to add more oregano, cracked red pepper, other toppings like artichokes and/or mushrooms, etc.
- 11Bake for another 15-20 minutes. Turn on the broiler for about 5 minutes to get a nice crispy crust.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Feta Pizza II
Serving Size: 1 (411 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 825.8
- Calories from Fat 333
- Total Fat 37.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 1225.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 23.5 g