1/1 Photo of Spinach Phyllo Roll Ups
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
I have ALWAYS been afraid of Phyllo Dough- Don't be! It is so easy! This is a simple recipe that will WOW your family and guests. From Food and Family magazine and modified a little. Posted for World Tour Greece
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat to 375F degrees.
- 2Combine all ingredients except dough until well blended.
- 3Work with one sheet of phyllo at a time and keep the waiting sheets covered with a damp paper towel or plastic wrap, etc -- to keep from drying out.
- 4Brush one sheet of phyllo dough with melted butter or spray with cooking spray- butter flavored is best.
- 5Repeat process stacking the newly buttered/sprayed sheets on top of the other until you have three sheets buttered/sprayed stacked together.
- 6Spread one third of spinach mixture along one short side of the dough.
- 7Fold the sides in about 1 or 2 inches to keep filling inside and roll up to make a log shape.
- 8Repeat method using the remaining dough and filling to make two more logs.
- 9Spray or butter tops of logs and score diagonally at 1 nch intervals to keep dough from cracking.
- 10Place logs on baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 11Place on cutting board and cut each log into 10 slices with a serrated knife.
- 12Note: You can freeze uncooked logs for later use. When ready to serve, remove 10 minutes before baking and then follow baking directions.
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Phyllo Roll Ups
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 36.4
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 11.5 mg
- Sodium 93.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cream cheese with vegetables