I have ALWAYS been afraid of Phyllo Dough- Don't be! It is so easy! This is a simple recipe that will WOW your family and guests. From Food and Family magazine and modified a little. Posted for World Tour Greece
- Preheat to 375F degrees.
- Combine all ingredients except dough until well blended.
- Work with one sheet of phyllo at a time and keep the waiting sheets covered with a damp paper towel or plastic wrap, etc -- to keep from drying out.
- Brush one sheet of phyllo dough with melted butter or spray with cooking spray- butter flavored is best.
- Repeat process stacking the newly buttered/sprayed sheets on top of the other until you have three sheets buttered/sprayed stacked together.
- Spread one third of spinach mixture along one short side of the dough.
- Fold the sides in about 1 or 2 inches to keep filling inside and roll up to make a log shape.
- Repeat method using the remaining dough and filling to make two more logs.
- Spray or butter tops of logs and score diagonally at 1 nch intervals to keep dough from cracking.
- Place logs on baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place on cutting board and cut each log into 10 slices with a serrated knife.
- Note: You can freeze uncooked logs for later use. When ready to serve, remove 10 minutes before baking and then follow baking directions.