Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Here is a recipe I created that combines the taste of Spinach Pie (Spanikopita) with the ease of Lasagna. Perfect for any occasion
- 1 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles (al dente)
- 1 (16 ounce) container fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container feta cheese (crumbled)
- 3 eggs
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese or 2 cups provolone cheese
- 3 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach (squeezed dry)
- 3⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- 2 -3 tablespoons dill
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- In one bowl combine Ricotta cheese, Feta cheese, eggs, and garlic powder.
- In a separate bowl mix the spinach with the chopped onion, dill and salt.
- Coat pan with olive oil and place layer of noodles down, place 1/2 the spinach mixture, 1/2 the olives and sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Make new layer of noodles and spread cheese mixture evenly over noodles.
- Make new layer of noodles and repeat layers saving some mozzarella for top.
- Bake covered tightly with foil in 400°F oven for 35 min, uncover and top with remaining mozzarella and bake for 30 additional minutes till golden brown.
- Let set for at least 20 minutes before serving.