1 hr 15 mins
Kevin Simon's Note:
Here is a recipe I created that combines the taste of Spinach Pie (Spanikopita) with the ease of Lasagna. Perfect for any occasion
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles (al dente)
- 1 (16 ounce) container fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container feta cheese (crumbled)
- 3 eggs
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese or 2 cups provolone cheese
- 3 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach (squeezed dry)
- 3/4 cup sliced black olives
- 2 -3 tablespoons dill
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- 1In one bowl combine Ricotta cheese, Feta cheese, eggs, and garlic powder.
- 2In a separate bowl mix the spinach with the chopped onion, dill and salt.
- 3Coat pan with olive oil and place layer of noodles down, place 1/2 the spinach mixture, 1/2 the olives and sprinkle with mozzarella.
- 4Make new layer of noodles and spread cheese mixture evenly over noodles.
- 5Make new layer of noodles and repeat layers saving some mozzarella for top.
- 6Bake covered tightly with foil in 400°F oven for 35 min, uncover and top with remaining mozzarella and bake for 30 additional minutes till golden brown.
- 7Let set for at least 20 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Pie Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.8
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 128.1 mg
- Sodium 1019.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 24.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free ricotta cheese