Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Not authentically Greek, but the flavor is wonderful. Nice filling with flaky phyllo pastry.
Make and share this Spinach Pie (Spanokopita) recipe from Food.com.
- Combine cottage cheese, drained spinach, feta, onion, garlic and eggs in a large bowl.
- In a well buttered pan, place one sheet of phyllo.
- Carefully brush melted butter on another sheet of phyllo and lay on top of first sheet.
- Repeat with layers of phyllo until half of package is used.
- Carefully spread filling over pastry.
- Repeat phyllo and butter with remaining pastry and butter.
- Butter top of pie well.
- Bake in a preheated 375 oven for 45-60 minutes or until browned.
- Cut into squares with a very sharp knife.