1 hr 30 mins
Not authentically Greek, but the flavor is wonderful. Nice filling with flaky phyllo pastry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine cottage cheese, drained spinach, feta, onion, garlic and eggs in a large bowl.
- 2In a well buttered pan, place one sheet of phyllo.
- 3Carefully brush melted butter on another sheet of phyllo and lay on top of first sheet.
- 4Repeat with layers of phyllo until half of package is used.
- 5Carefully spread filling over pastry.
- 6Repeat phyllo and butter with remaining pastry and butter.
- 7Butter top of pie well.
- 8Bake in a preheated 375 oven for 45-60 minutes or until browned.
- 9Cut into squares with a very sharp knife.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Pie (Spanokopita)
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.6
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 120.2 mg
- Sodium 800.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 17.3 g