Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy to make and everyone will love it!
Make and share this Spinach Pita With Phyllo Pastry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (1 lb) package phyllo pastry, thawed if frozen
- 2 (20 ounce) packages frozen spinach
- 1 1⁄2 cups melted butter
- 750 g cottage cheese
- 2 cups feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Put frozen spinach in enough water to cover it and bring to boil. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Let stand until cool enough to handle, then squeeze to remove the excess liquid.
- Transfer spinach in a large mixing bowl.
- Add cottage cheese, feta cheese and eggs and mix until blended.
- Brush with butter 13 x 9" baking pan.
- Unroll thowed phyllo pastry. Measure how much pastry is needed in lenght for the baking pan, and cut the excess.
- Lay one sheet of pastry in and brush lightly with melted butter. Top with 7 more phyllo sheets, brushing each one lightly with butter.
- Spread 1/3 spinach mixture over the layered phyllo.
- Top with 8 more sheets, brushing each one with butter and spread another 1/3 spinach mixture.
- Repeat one more time, spreading the last 1/3 of spinach mixture and topping it with last 8 sheets, brushing the top sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour. Let sit for 10 minutes before cutting. Cut the squares and serve warm.