1 hr 20 mins
zoki sa skenderije's Note:
Easy to make and everyone will love it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 2Put frozen spinach in enough water to cover it and bring to boil. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Let stand until cool enough to handle, then squeeze to remove the excess liquid.
- 3Transfer spinach in a large mixing bowl.
- 4Add cottage cheese, feta cheese and eggs and mix until blended.
- 5Brush with butter 13 x 9" baking pan.
- 6Unroll thowed phyllo pastry. Measure how much pastry is needed in lenght for the baking pan, and cut the excess.
- 7Lay one sheet of pastry in and brush lightly with melted butter. Top with 7 more phyllo sheets, brushing each one lightly with butter.
- 8Spread 1/3 spinach mixture over the layered phyllo.
- 9Top with 8 more sheets, brushing each one with butter and spread another 1/3 spinach mixture.
- 10Repeat one more time, spreading the last 1/3 of spinach mixture and topping it with last 8 sheets, brushing the top sheet.
- 11Bake for 1 hour. Let sit for 10 minutes before cutting. Cut the squares and serve warm.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Pita With Phyllo Pastry
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.6
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 131.4 mg
- Sodium 809.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 17.2 g