1/4 Photos of Spinach Ricotta Pie with a Hint of Feta
We've got a new local dairy (in such a small country, local also means national), that makes some of the best cheeses (and soy milk and soy puddings). This recipe really showcases their ricotta and feta cheeses. This is a great vegetarian dish to serve, we usually have some kind of variation after the Yom Kippur fast day. I also like to add some za'atar in with the oregano.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Heat the oil in a heavy pot over high heat.
- 3Add the onion and saute until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- 4Add the spinach in batches, if necessary, and saute until the ribbons are just wilted.
- 5Lightly beat the ricotta and the eggs together in a bowl.
- 6Add the spinach mixture, feta, oregano and salt and pepper.
- 7Mix thoroughly.
- 8Pour the batter into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- 9Bake for about 40 minutes, until the top is lightly browned.
- 10Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Ricotta Pie with a Hint of Feta
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.0
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 133.2 mg
- Sodium 351.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 13.6 g