I found this salad on the web and made a couple of changes in it. This was the salad I made on our 25th wedding anniversary! Update: I submitted this recipe to Taste of Home Light & Tasty and it was published in the December/January 2008 issue.
- 6 cups spinach, washed and cleaned
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 3 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 green apple, cored and sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup red seedless grapes, cut in half
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced or 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Combine spinach, cranberries, green onion, sliced apple, grapes and walnuts in a large salad bowl.
- Whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour the vinaigrette over salad, sprinkle with Feta cheese and arrange on chilled salad plates.
Great salad, will make this a lot. Easy to do with all the great flavors.
Wonderful! I used baby spinach leaves, dried barbarries soaked & rinsed then cooked in a bit of white sugar, the taste is very much like dried cranberries as they are sour & sweet (cranberries would be better though as barberries are very small, can be found in Iranian shops), I used honeydew melon because I didn't have any apple on hand but I know this would be better with apple, organic apple cider vinegar, unrefined extra virgin olive oil, fresh garlic, sea salt, it doesn't need much! A Greek goats milk feta cheese, plus the rest of the ingredients. I'd like to make this again using cranberries and green apple.
This was delicious!