I found this in my Everyday with Rachel Ray magazine! :) sounds delicious!
Make and share this Steak Gyros recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs sirloin steaks, 1-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2 sprigs oregano (no stems leaves chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 4 large pita bread (or other flatbread)
- 4 lemon wedges (optional)
- cucumber, slices (optional)
- tomato, slices (optional)
- red onion, slices (optional)
- shredded romaine lettuce (optional)
- kalamata olive (optional)
- shredded cheese (optional)
- Preheat the broiler or grill to medium.
- Drizzle the steak with extra-virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, turning once, for medium rare 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool slightly then slice thinly.
- While steak is cooking or cooling, use a food processor to puree the feta, yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, cumin, coriander, and hot sauce. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a bowl. Leave in fridge to cool if you'd like.
- Char the pitas under the broiler or grill. Top with steak and your choice of toppings (see optional items above). Serve with lemon wedges and yogurt sauce.