1/4 Photos of Steak Gyros
I found this in my Everyday with Rachel Ray magazine! :) sounds delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs sirloin steaks, 1-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2 sprigs oregano (no stems leaves chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 4 large pita bread (or other flatbread)
- 4 lemon wedges (optional)
- cucumber, slices (optional)
- tomato, slices (optional)
- red onion, slices (optional)
- shredded romaine lettuce (optional)
- kalamata olive (optional)
- shredded cheese (optional)
- 1Preheat the broiler or grill to medium.
- 2Drizzle the steak with extra-virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Cook, turning once, for medium rare 8-10 minutes.
- 4Let cool slightly then slice thinly.
- 5While steak is cooking or cooling, use a food processor to puree the feta, yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, cumin, coriander, and hot sauce. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a bowl. Leave in fridge to cool if you'd like.
- 6Char the pitas under the broiler or grill. Top with steak and your choice of toppings (see optional items above). Serve with lemon wedges and yogurt sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak Gyros
Serving Size: 1 (661 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1069.9
- Calories from Fat 606
- Total Fat 67.4 g
- Saturated Fat 26.8 g
- Cholesterol 255.5 mg
- Sodium 904.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 74.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: