Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is my absolute favorite soup or stew ever! I got this recipe from my aunt and it is very simple. It is also very flexible, so some of the ingredients are often altered by preference and don't have a precise measurement. Some even add small potatoes to it. It is delicious with crispy bread dipped into it. *Note that seasoning measurements will most likely be changed to your preference- taste as you go!*
- Mix together the garlic salt, pepper, oregano, and Greek seasoning (this is very loose- you will most likely come up with your own variation.).
- Cover the cut beef with the seasoning mixture.
- Put the beef in an already-heated stew pot along with the garlic (whole and peeled cloves) and the onion.
- Pour in the tomato sauce, the red wine vinegar, the red wine, and the water.
- Mix and allow to come to a boil.
- Cover and allow to simmer for 3 hours.
- Serve with crusty bread.