Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is good in late summer, when figs are in season and it's still too hot for proper cooking. You can use almonds instead of pistachios. Serve with mascapone or thick, Greek yogurt. Easy and fast, from Delicious magazine.
- 8 ripe figs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons clear honey
- 1⁄3 cup shelled pistachio nut
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat grill (broiler) to medium. Cut a deep cross in the top of each fig and ease apart like a flower.
- Set figs in a baking dish and drop a small piece of butter in the centre of each fruit. Drizzle honey over figs, and sprinkle with nuts and cinnamon.
- Grill 5 minutes until figs are softened and honey and butter make a sticky sauce.
- Serve warm, with mascarpone or yogurt.
Gorgeous! I did vary it slightly - date syrup as I'd run out of honey, and flaked almonds. Oh and as our grill's a bit dodgy, I baked them in the oven. Delicious easy to follow recipe - many thanks!
Never having cooked or eaten undried figs before, I was unsure what to do with them when I was given some. This recipe was enjoyed by everyone including the kids. Ate it with homemade honey icecream. Yummo!! Thanks.
A favourite of mine and a real hit with my husband!! I do it with cashew nuts, as that's whats available in India! I also add fresh squeezed orange juice (about 3 Tbsp) and finely grated orange rind sprinkled over to give it a bit more tang.. also makes a better sauce.