1/1 Photo of Stove Top Eye of the Round
1 hr 15 mins
I adapted this recipe from another recipe that I came across in a Greek cookbook, omitting a couple of ingredients that I knew my family wouldn't like. It makes a very flavourful roast and is a good way to do a roast in the summer, especially if you don't have air conditioning! The leftovers make great sandwiches.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat half the oil in a Dutch oven.
- 2Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until the onion is soft.
- 3Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- 4Sprinkle the meat with salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Heat the remaining oil in the same pan.
- 6Add the meat and cook, turning, until brown all over.
- 7Return the onion mixture to the pan.
- 8Add the wine, stock and herbs.
- 9Cook, covered, over low heat for 1-1/2 hours, turning the meat once during cooking.
- 10Remove the meat from the pan and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- 11While the meat is standing, make a gravy by mixing together the flour and cold water and blending them into the remaining pan juices.
- 12Add a little extra stock to the pan if necessary.
- 13Cook until thickened and strain.
- 14Serve the sliced meat and gravy sprinkled with parsley.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stove Top Eye of the Round
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.2
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 133.8 mg
- Sodium 437.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 52.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: