Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled,seeded and chopped
- 1 green pepper, diced fine
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper
- Put the tomatoes and green pepper in a non-stick frying pan and cook them until they are a very thick sauce.
- Season to taste.
- Add oil and eggs.
- Let the eggs cook till set on the bottom before giving them a stir.
- Bring the set eggs up (like when you scramble eggs), and continue to cook, in this way.
- When the eggs are fully cooked, top with the cheese.
- Allow the cheese to melt (don’t stir).
One word: Yum! I've no feta on hand, but whipped this up anyway. I scaled it back to serve just me, and added nothing more than salt, freshly-ground pepper, and garlic to the sauce. I would say make certain to use good oil, though; while it's only 1/2 tablespoon per egg, you do get the flavor of it - - but in a good way. :) Thanks!
This recipe is similiar to one my Dad made for me as a kid...with the exception of the feta. My DH and I enjoyed it but there was just a little too much olive oil for our taste. Next time I make this I will use half as much, and perhaps add a little bit of chopped onions, and garnish with some fresh dill or basil. Thanks Evelyn for giving me a taste of the past.