1/2 Photos of Stuffed Eggplant (Aubergine) Slices
bluemoon downunder's Note:
These eggplant slices, stuffed with tomato slices, feta and capsicum, make a great starter for a Greek-style meal or if you want to make them part of a complete meal, serve them with pita bread, a Greek salad, potatoes, such as Herbed Potato Crisps, olives and a selection of dips. I am posting this recipe, from one adapted from an International Masters '1001 recipes for pan or wok' recipe card, for the 2005 Zaar World Tour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the yoghurt, mint and lemon juice in a bowl, season and set aside.
- 2Crumble the feta cheese.
- 3Finely slice the tomatoes, cut the capsicum into strips and trim the eggplant and cut into16 slices.
- 4Brush both sides of the eggplant slices with oil, season, heat a large, preferably non-stick, pan over a medium heat, add the eggplant slices and sauté on one side for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Remove the eggplant slices from the pan and set aside and repeat the process with the remaining eggplant slices.
- 5Arrange 8 eggplant slices on a work surface, sautéed side up, and top with the tomato slices, the feta cheese and the capsicum strips, then add the remaining 8 eggplant slices, sautéed side down. Be careful NOT to overfill the eggplant "sandwiches".
- 6Add some more oil to the pan and being careful that the filling does not spill out, place the eggplant "sandwiches" in the pan and sauté on each side for 2-3 minutes, brushing with more oil if required.
- 7Garnish the slices with sprigs of mint and serve them with the yoghurt sauce.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Eggplant (Aubergine) Slices
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.8
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 16.6 mg
- Sodium 215.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: