Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
I came up with this recipe after combining my favourite flavour combinations from other recipes. It is easy to make and always impressive to serve.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and gently scrape away gills from underside.
- Combine garlic and olive oil.
- Brush on caps and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Combine cheese, lemon pepper and basil and set aside.
- Grill over medium heat top side of mushrooms up for about 5 minutes on warming rack of grill.
- Turn mushrooms over and fill with cheese mixture.
- Cover and grill about 5 minutes or until cheese is warmed through.
- Serve whole.
People actually moaned with pleasure at their first bite. I used bleu cheese instead of feta and fresh basil from my garden. I have to go out and buy more portobellos right away so I can make them again -- and again -- and again -- and again.
I forgot to review this months ago. I've been making these at least once a month for our Friday night get-together with neighbors, and everyone just loves them. I use my oven and bake them for 15-20 minutes. I use low fat feta cheese, and although it doesn't melt like the "real" stuff, we really like it! Great recipe!
I made these tonight and they were excellent! I didn't let them sit for 30 minutes as I didn't know until it was too late that they were supposed to but they were so good anyway. I also baked them for 10 minutes in a 400 oven as I didn't want to stand out in the cold to grill them. Thanks for sharing your great recipe.