Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Stuffed Grape Leaves with Wild Rice and Lamb
Make and share this Stuffed Vine Leaves With Lamb and Wild Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 3 teaspoons dried mint (divided)
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 30 large grape leaves, drained
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 cups cooked long grain and wild rice blend
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 2 cups chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Combine Yogurt, 2 tsps mint and lemon rind in small bowl; stir well.
- Cover and chill.
- Remove stems from Grape leaves.
- Rinse Grape Leaves, drain well, pat dry with paper towel.
- Heat Olive Oil in large non stick skillet over medium heat.
- Saute' onions for 10 minutes.
- Add Garlic and cook for additional minute. Remove from heat.
- Stir in remaining mint, 2 tbsp Lemon Juice, Rice, Pine Nuts, Salt Substitute, Lamb and Chick Peas.
- Spoon even amounts of mixture onto each grape leaf and roll.
- Place stuffed grape leaves, seam side down, in a 13"x9" baking dish coated with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with yougurt mixture.