Chef #1322060's Note:
Stuffed Grape Leaves with Wild Rice and Lamb
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 3 teaspoons dried mint (divided)
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 30 large grape leaves, drained
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 cups cooked long grain and wild rice blend
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 2 cups chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1Combine Yogurt, 2 tsps mint and lemon rind in small bowl; stir well.
- 2Cover and chill.
- 3Remove stems from Grape leaves.
- 4Rinse Grape Leaves, drain well, pat dry with paper towel.
- 5Heat Olive Oil in large non stick skillet over medium heat.
- 6Saute' onions for 10 minutes.
- 7Add Garlic and cook for additional minute. Remove from heat.
- 8Stir in remaining mint, 2 tbsp Lemon Juice, Rice, Pine Nuts, Salt Substitute, Lamb and Chick Peas.
- 9Spoon even amounts of mixture onto each grape leaf and roll.
- 10Place stuffed grape leaves, seam side down, in a 13"x9" baking dish coated with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- 11Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 12Serve warm with yougurt mixture.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Vine Leaves With Lamb and Wild Rice
Serving Size: 1 (755 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 961.5
- Calories from Fat 416
- Total Fat 46.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 68.1 mg
- Sodium 17489.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 107.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 49.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
long grain and wild rice blend